Sunday, July 5, 2020

Direk Romm Burlat wins Best Actor in Hollywood




For his excellent portrayal as a weird,  mentally unstable father of a cannibalistic son in  "Covered Candor (Tutop)", Direk Romm Burlat won the nod of the international judges for the 3rd time as he was declared Best Actor in the Hollywood Blood Horror Film Festival which awards rite was held last night in Los Angeles, California, USA. Burlat beat other nominees for the category but tied with Nicolas Terbeek of the United States of America of the movie, "The Woman I Fell in Love With".

"Nobody expected it not even myself", Burlat said. As I was looking at the entries from all over the world, it seemed to me I have a little chance of winning. I was already happy when I was informed I am a finalist in the Best Actor category. But this morning, I was surprised why I woke up early at 8am when normally I wake up at noon. There must have been something good waiting for me. The first thing I did was check my email. I was doubly surprised to read an email that I won as Best Actor in this Hollywood festival. If a thing is unexpected, you don't know how to compose yourself brought about by the sudden ecstatic feeling."

It is Burlat's third Best Actor award in an international film festival. Last April, he won Best Actor at the Actors Awards in Los Angeles, California. It was followed last week with another Best Actor award from the Kosice International Film Festival in Slovak Republic. In total, he has 5 international awards from different film festivals. Last year, he amassed the Best Director award from the 16th We Care International Film Festival in India. Last May, he won Best Supporting Actor at the Oniros Film Awards in Italy for his sterling performance as the mentally-deranged man who raped the woman of his dreams.

"Are you expecting more awards this year Direk Romm?", we asked. He replied that he is not expecting but he is hoping for more awards not because he is too confident after bagging four international awards for his acting but because "Covered Candor" is still in competition in film festivals in several countries in the world. "Who knows the winning streak continues? Well, let us wait for God's decision."Burlat ended the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment