Thursday, May 7, 2020

Direk Romm Burlat wins Best Supporting Actor at the Oniros Film Awards in Italy






Direk Romm Burlat won Best Supporting Actor in the Oniros Film Awards in Italy. He bested other performances in a support role as a mentally-deranged father in the suspense thriller, "Attention Grabbing". It's local title is Agaw PansinBurlat, who is also the director of the film earlier won Best Director at the 4th Lutas Film FestivalAttention Grabbing is Burlat's 2nd international award. It can be recalled that last year, he won Best Director in the 16th We Care International Film Festival  for the movie, "Father of Your Son (Ama Ka Ng Anak Mo)" in New Delhi, India.


At the Oniros Film Awards,  Burlat's ROMMantic Entertainment Productions won Best Horror Film for his movie, "Covered Candor( Tutop)" and a Best Supporting Actress award for Faye Tangonan. His other entry, "Cuckoo" gave Bidaman Ron Macapagal a Best Actor Honorable Mention award and the movie was finalist for Best Film.


"It was unexpected. There were like 52 entries and I was lucky enough to be nominated and eventually won the award. The movie which was made almost four years ago was my first film. It has already received quite a number of awards in other festivals", Burlat quipped. Of course, I am so happy with this new award. On May 10th, the Actors Awards in Los Angeles. California had me nominated as Best Actor for another film, "Covered Candor." I don't have any expectation. Just hope that I may get the award but if not, I will still be very happy since I got nominated along with other lead actors from other countries."


After the pandemic, Direk Romm will be filming quite a number of films. To wit, we have "And I Loved Her", "Bakit Nasa Huli Ang Simula",  'Surrogate", "No More Maybes", "Ban-Uk", "Venus In My Mind" among others.


No comments:

Post a Comment